To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
| Last updated
Bad news for anyone craving some new and improved sci-fi spooky time - apparently, the Dead Space remake might be getting pushed back. First announced in July last year, the freshly revamped survival horror could now be releasing some time in 2023 rather than this year.
These claims come from VentureBeat journalist Jeff Grubb, who yesterday (10 March) said in a report that despite originally considering an October 2022 timeframe, publishers EA are now internally targeting a 2023 release. Given that we were never actually given an official timeframe in the first place, hopefully fans won’t be too disappointed by this, but it’s still a shame if it’s true.
In case you missed it, be sure to check out the trailer for the upcoming Dead Space remake below.
We could be getting confirmation of this news later this evening. As announced on Twitter earlier this week, Motive Studios are set to deliver a developer livestream for Dead Space later today - 6pm UK time, to be exact. In the tweet, they said that we’d be getting “an early look at the audio development,” so while that doesn’t necessarily scream “release window confirmation” fans will definitely want to tune in anyway.
Listen up! @MotiveStudio is back to show you an early look at the audio development of #DeadSpace.— Dead Space (@deadspace) March 8, 2022
Bring your 🎧 and tune in on 3/11 at 10am PT.
Note: This livestream may contain content not suitable for all audiences pic.twitter.com/FxEZ5ipVFv
Even if we have to wait a while longer for it, no doubt that players will be happy to know that the remake is set to remove one of Dead Space 3’s most controversial features - the inclusion of microtransactions. In an interview with IGN shortly after the remake’s announcement, senior producer Philippe Ducharme said: “We're learning from mistakes such as microtransactions, which we will not have, for instance, in our game.”
In the same interview, creative director Roman Campos-Oriola spoke about how the game being exclusive to PC and new-gen consoles will give players a more immersive experience, thanks to the lack of loading times. “There's not going to be any moment where we're going to cut your experience, where we're going to cut your camera. You can play it from the start screen to the end credits seamlessly,” he said.
From what we’ve seen so far, it certainly looks very promising, and I’m sure we can all agree that it's better for a game to face a delay and actually be good, than be rushed out in an unsatisfactory state. As of now though, again, the push back isn’t officially confirmed, so we’ll have to wait and see what happens.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read